Favicon also is known as a favorite icon that appears before the site title in the web browser. Favicon helps you,
- Establish your visual Identify
- Improves users experience
- Helps to strengthen your brand
- Easily identify your website tabs in browser
- Visitors familiar with your favicon easily recognize your website etc.
Beside this, there are so many uses of favicon on your website. There is the various method of adding the favicon on your website. Adding favicon is now core functionality of WordPress. It was introduced in core version since WordPress 4.3. If users browse multiple tabs at once, the favicon is the best tool to identify your website tab. User referring favicon to get your website tab.
Recommended size for the favicon is 512*512. You can make the recommended size for favicon via photoshop or some website offering such features as well. In this blog post, we are going to share you about how to add your favicon on your website via the core WordPress settings. Its good practice to use WordPress core features instead of using the plugin for this work.
Follow the below steps to add favicon
- Login to your website to access the admin area.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity
- Inside Site Identity, you will see Site Icon section.
- Select the image for your site icon (Favicon).
- Click on Save and Publish button to save the changes.
If the image you are uploading exceeds recommended size i.e. 512*512, then WordPress will allow you to crop it. If it matches the recommended size exactly, then you can just save your changes.
If you are using WordPress version below 4.3, you can update WordPress version to the latest. In case if an update is not possible, you can use the plugin which is available free on wp.org.
Hope this blog post is helpful for you. If you have any confusion regarding the post and favicons, we recommend you to comment us in the below comment section. We will help you with your problem.